Methadone is an effective maintenance drug in treating opiate addiction. Research has shown that when patients are put on methadone for a longer period of time, they tend to show better results when compared to patients who are on a short term maintenance detox protocol.
Methadone maintenance definitely reduces illicit use of opiates. It has also contributed to positive behavioral changes by reducing the criminal activity committed by patients. It has also reduced patientsparticipation in illicit sexual behavior thereby potentially preventing transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.
In reality, the reaction for each drug type varies between patients. It is for the physician to decide by considering the unique reactive parameters of the patient enrolled in the recovery program. Theoretically, since buprenorphine is a partial agonist and antagonist, withdrawl from buprenorphine should be expected to be milder. However, that cannot be taken as a hard and fast rule, when it comes to applying the medication in a real time multifaceted treatment scenario.
Higher dosage of methadone has been proved to bring in better results in patients when compared to lower dosages of methadone. High dosages have been helpful in retaining patients for wholesome recovery, when compared to patients who have been put on lower dose. The exact dosage of methadone that is safe for use varies from one patient to another and it isdecided by the prescribing physician.
No. The mental capabilities and reaction times of those who are on methadone are at par with others who are not on methadone. This has been scientifically approved and declared by MARCAP. Cognition is intact. Perception is intact. Motor functions are intact. Attention is intact. Reaction times are intact. Therefore, employability for those on methadone need not be put to risk. However, methadone can cause drowsiness. Caution when operating machinery.
- You should expect to be put through an initial assessment process with the substance abuse counselor.
- You will then further be sent to a physician for assessment of your dependence symptoms.
- A customized plan of action will be scheduled to help you through the recovery in a way to suit your addiction patterns.
- As a part of the recovery program you should be participating in a group counseling program that will be scheduled at the facility.
- You will be put through a customized medication assisted therapy for your individual addiction pattern.
- You will be expected to participate in an individual/family education group as a part of the recovery program.
- Sufficient education will be provided to help you with the prevention of relapse by incorporating specific life and social skills that
will empower you to say “No” to temptation.
- You will be maintained on medication as needed with adequate supervision to assist with probable withdrawal symptoms.
- The dosages for the medication would be modified to suit individual need and progress.
- Your follow up will be scheduled as needed.
No. However, please call us at 864-306-8533 for further details on this.
Yes. We do.Prices start at $12, and up, per day, depending on mgs/day.
It depends upon the customized program tailor made to suit your recovery patterns. You can talk to our customer service or you can send us an e-mail to know of the exact cost.