Lortab is an opioid drug that is administered to patients experiencing acute pain or to those who have recently been through a surgical procedure. Due to its property of blocking out pain and giving a euphoric high, Lortab is often misused by many. The cases of Lortab abuse are on a constant high and that is why more and more families are looking towards Lortab treatment to cure the signs of addiction.
The side effects of Lortab on the body may include one or more of the following:
- Blurred vision
- Vomiting and nausea
What are the signs of Lortab addiction?
Do you suspect that one of your loved oneS might just be addicted to Lortab intake? If so, there are certain signs that can confirm or refute your suspensions in this regard. These signs may either be evident through the behavior or may affect the physique in general. Witnessing more than just a few of the symptoms mentioned below indicates that the person might be having Lortab addiction issues.
- Physical signs of addiction
- Slow breathing
- Clearly visible state of euphoria
- Pinpoint pupils
- Loss of consciousness
- Behavioral signs of addiction
- Lack of interest in people and activities
- Social isolation
- Decreased concentration
- Mood swings
- Financial constraints
- Developing lying or stealing behavior
- Searching for multiple doctors to get the prescription
Lortab treatment for addiction
To completely get over the addition of lortab, it is advised that you must seek professional help. An important decision in this regard is which treatment option you should go for. It is crucial that you choose the option that accommodates well in your daily lifestyle. You have the following options to choose from:
- The outpatient treatment. Such a plan allows you the flexibility of attending to your daily chores while effectively getting over the harmful effects of Lortab addiction. These plans require you to visit your counselor at regular intervals. These will not intervene in your routine tasks and thus, are a preferred choice of many in treating addiction.
- The inpatient treatment. It is a more engaging option as compared to the outpatient Lortab treatment program. As a part of this program, you will have to live with other people who are addicted to Lortab drug and will receive guidance from medical experts on how to give up on this bad habit.
Apart from this, you may increase the likelihood of you giving up on the drug by visiting group therapy sessions or an individual one and you may also attend educational lectures which offer tips on quickly quitting the use of Lortab drug.
The journey of curing drug addiction is long and full of struggle. If any of your loved one is suffering from it, you must intervene and offer to help them in this regard. Do whatever you feel is necessary but make sure they adhere to Lortab treatment for addiction.